We are excited to bring you a recap of the unforgettable moments from our Annual General Meeting (AGM) held in Guelph, Ontario on December 6, 2023. With approximately 25% of our dedicated members in attendance, the event was a resounding success, marked by camaraderie, recognition, and insightful discussions.
1. Welcoming Atmosphere with Breakfast: The day kicked off on a positive note with a hearty breakfast that brought everyone together in a warm and welcoming atmosphere. The delicious spread not only satisfied appetites but also set the tone for a morning filled with shared experiences and collective enthusiasm.
2. Community Spirit through Food Drive: Upon registration, attendees were encouraged to contribute to our community outreach efforts by bringing non-perishable food items. A food drive collection bin was stationed at the entrance, emphasizing our commitment to making a positive impact beyond our organizational boundaries.
3. Honoring Long-Term Members: A key highlight of the event was the heartfelt recognition bestowed upon our long-term members. Those who have been steadfast pillars of our organization received well-deserved pins, symbolizing their enduring commitment and invaluable contributions.
4. Expressing Gratitude to Volunteers: Our volunteers, the backbone of our organization, were showered with appreciation. Each volunteer was presented with a thoughtful thank-you gift, acknowledging their selfless dedication and tireless efforts that keep our initiatives thriving.
5. Celebrating an Outstanding Volunteer: A special award ceremony took place to honor a Member who has gone above and beyond for their community both at GDAR and outside the organization. Their exceptional contributions were highlighted, showcasing the impact of individual commitment within our collective mission.
Congratulations Nitsa Eliopoulous as the recipient of the John Clark Sr. Volunteer Award!
6. President's Year in Review: Tyson Hinschberger, 2022-2023 President, delivered a comprehensive speech reflecting on the organization's accomplishments and challenges throughout the past year including Government Relations, a new advertising campaign, ORWP, TRESA, Education, and much, much more.
7. Installation of the New Board of Directors: Transitioning into the future, the AGM witnessed the official installation of the new Board of Directors. The incoming leaders bring fresh perspectives and ideas, promising an exciting chapter for GDAR.
8. Insightful Economic Forecast on Housing Market: A highlight of the AGM was a presentation by Shaun Cathcart, CREA's Senior Economist, who delved into the intricacies of the housing market. Members gained valuable insights to navigate the real estate landscape in 2024, fostering informed decision-making for their clients as the year begins.
In conclusion, our Annual General Meeting was a testament to the strength of our community, the dedication of our members, and the collective vision that propels us forward. As we bid farewell to 2023 and welcome the opportunities of 2024, we remain steadfast in our commitment to GDAR's mission.
Thank you to everyone who attended and contributed to this remarkable event—we look forward to another year of shared successes and impactful initiatives!